Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Beginning

Christmas 2006 - Never would I have dreamed that Christmas how much my life was about to change. For the better mind you but after several years of humdrum existence I was and am bowled over by the fact of how radically my life has changed.

My wife's birthday occurs every year on the same date, yet somehow it always manages to slip up on me. Near the end of January, 2007, I asked her what she wanted for her birthday for what does a man know what a woman really wants, especially since they already have everything that would make a man happy and more.

We had talked of adoption off and on so when she replied, "you know what I really want?" for once I knew exactly what she was speaking of, so I told her let's go for it, for more than anything I wanted my wife to be happy for her birthday.

A few days later she approached a local agency with whom another family we know had used many years ago. My wife told the agency that we were seeking a Chinese girl that was older than a toddler, aged 6 or 7. The lady looked at her files and produced a picture and file and said what about this one? My wife said that she would have to consult me first.

We met for lunch that day and she showed me the referral pictures and the medical report on the girl. The documentation that came with the picture did not indicate anything we were unprepared to deal with. Again I told my wife - Let's go with this.

Having seen nearly instant love once before I was privileged once again to see such. At that point I don't think I'd seen her that happy since our wedding.

The story continues....

1 comment:

  1. Oh my!!!! Timothy, my husband asked me that same question on my birthday, Septmeber 19, knowing fully that I wanted to adopt as well. Myself and many other friends and family had been praying for David, that his heart would change toward adoption, on Sept 16th the Lord just that. And he asked me "What do you want for your birthday", that is so cool that we share that part of the story. Cant wait to hear the rest of the story!

    ReplyDelete